Tuna and corn are jam-packed with essential nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, iron, minerals, fiber, vitamins A, B6, B12, and many more. Eating these all provides multiple benefits that are good for eyesight and keeps the heart-healthy.
Sharing down is a good food recipe perfect for Lent using San Miguel Del Mar Tuna and corn as the main ingredients. List down the ingredients and go shopping so you can cook after.
1/4 cup DARI CREME CLASSIC
1 (50 g) pc onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery
1/4 kg potatoes, cubed
1/2 cup corn kernels
2 cups chicken broth*
1 (250 mL) pack MAGNOLIA ALL-PURPOSE CREAM
1 (185 g) cans SAN MIGUEL DEL MAR TUNA CHUNKS IN WATER
1/4 tsp iodized fine salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. In a saucepot, melt margarine and sauté onion and celery
2. Add potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add corn and cook for another 5 minutes or until potato is tender.
4. Pour in broth and cream. Stir and let simmer.
5. Mix in tuna and cook until soup thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 5 servings.
Yield: 5 cups’=
Here’s a mommy tips:
• For a thicker consistency add roux to the chowder. Roux is combined equal parts of butter and flour.
• To make roux: Melt butter over low heat and mix in flour until blond in color. Cool down. Add a few tablespoons to the soup and cook until desired consistency is achieved
Enjoy your meal!
#PureAuthenticTuna #SanMiguelDelMar @SanMiguelDelMarTuna