If you are moving into a new home, or are simply looking for a change of décor, there are many ways to achieve this. Most homeowners like to theme their décor, and with that in mind, here are a few ideas on how best to furnish a home with some style.
- Flowery Patterns – If you like that summer look, you could base the décor of flowery patterns, with antique chairs that have flower patterns and a suitable carpet, you have the ideal foundation for a flowery based theme. Choose your colours carefully, otherwise you will end up with a confusing look that is too busy, and by opting for two main colours, you can build upon that by adding a few accessories of contrasting colours.
- Mixture Of Old And New – A few years ago, mixing new and antique furniture would be frowned upon, yet happily, this has become a fashionable way to decorate your living space, and with dealers who offer genuine antiques online, you can browse a wide selection of quality antiques. A contemporary setting cries out for a few small antique items, which can easily be located with an online search, which saves you both time and money.
- Victorian And Edwardian Styles – The simplistic lines of Victorian furniture go perfectly well with the bold, flowing lines of the Edwardian style, and by working one room at a time, you can soon fill your home with quality antique furniture that will appreciate over time. You might prefer something a little more opulent, and with Louis XVI furniture, you can really create a luxurious feel in the master bedroom. Of course, it depends on the periods you prefer, and it might be that you like a modern setting with a touch of antique or vintage furniture to give the room some depth.
- Go With Black And White – This is a growing trend that more and more people are embracing, and with a touch of colour with accessories, a black and white setting is a real eye catcher. Of course, this works well with a single room, preferably the study or the dining room, and by browsing online antique dealers, you can acquire a few nice pieces that will add to your theme without going overboard.
- Stripes And Herringbone – This gives a room a nice balance, and with a quality antique rug, you have the perfect foundation for the room. The right wall art emphasizes the look, and with online antique dealers, you can spend hours browsing, looking for that special item to fill a blank space. Once you find the right piece, a secure online payment will see the item shipped to your home address.
The Internet is always a great source of inspiration, and a Google image search on room themes will certainly give you many fine examples of how to theme a room. Of course, you could always enlist the help of an interior designer, yet it is so much fun to create your own living space, and the money you save on design expertise can go toward some added items to improve the look of the room.